How I make a Pen (Simplified)
31 May, 2014
Here's how to make a pen:
- I start with a piece of real white-tailed deer antler (or any other material).
- Next ill cut the antler to the required length of the pen tube.
- Then I drill a hole in the antler.
- I mount the piece on the lathe using a mandrel.
- While the lathe is turning I cut it using a roughing gouge.
- I sand then finish it using CA glue which makes a brilliant shine.
- I take it off the lathe and assemble the pen by pressing all these parts into the pen barrel.
- The process of making a pen is complete and now you have beautiful useful writing instrument.